To The Beat Performing Arts is a non profit program that consist of 2 parts in the creative arts genre. Dance & Theatre. Please check out the descriptions of both below:
To The Beat Dance is a program designed for all levels of dance. Our classes are set up to teach quality movements, encourage students to obtain their highest level, and provide a safe environment for growth. We are not a competition based program as of right now but we encourage all dancers to perform and work to their best ability. All of our teachers are trained and prepared to teach each student at their level. For more information on individual classes please give us a call.
To The Beat Theatre is a place where all children, youth and adults from the shy to the outgoing can develop at their own pace, with plenty of positive encouragement. Students learn elements of acting and staging through creative games, improvisation and scripted dramas. To The Beat offers a wholesome Christian atmosphere for dramatic creativity.
Typically To The Beat has a fall semester ending in a Christmas show and a Spring semester ending in a Spring Recital. We want each student to have an increased knowledge of the creative arts genre at the end of each semester. We are non profit program designed for our communities.
Every semester offers a different mix of classes so please follow the link on this page to see the updated classes for each semester in this given year.
To The Beat Performing Arts usually offers classes in the following areas:
- Jazz & Hip Hop
- 3 and 4 year old introductory classes
- Drama & Theatre for Junior High & Senior High Students
Call us today to get started! 405-728-7700
You can now register online for classes. Please click the link provided for new participants.
2015 - 2016 Season - Class offerings & Information
Registration fee (Once per year): $25 Costume fees:$50 twice a year (NEW! updated 6/30/15)
You can now register online for classes for the upcoming season. Click Here to register!
Email: email@example.com for any information or call our offices at 405-728-7700.
First Steps - Early Childhood Program - 3 to 4 years old - 1/2-hour class
- First Steps 3 yr. old ballet -The structure of a classroom environment is introduced and the children learn to take simple direction from the teacher. Children gain body awareness and begin to master group work, for example, moving in a circle or working with partners. Musicality and rhythm are taught through clapping, singing and improvising to music. Basic movement themes such as; jumping, balletic runs walks, spinning and skipping are explored as an introduction to classical ballet
- First Steps 4 yr. old ballet- a ballet class that will begin the introductions to ballet positions and terminology while continue to work the developments listed above.
6:00-6:45 - 45-minute class
- Pre-Primary level 5 yr. old ballet- Progressing from First Steps, children now learn to work in lines and on the diagonal. Basic movement themes such as, jumping, balletic runs walks, spinning and skipping are explored as an introduction to classical ballet. Students continue to work with partners to facilitate a sense of teamwork.
- Primary level 6-8 yr. old ballet- Traveling movements learned previously are given more complexity with the addition of skips forward, backward and simple jump combinations. Coordination and control of the body, arms, hands and head are improved. Primary level students have now developed the ability to retain basic movement combinations and can now perform short dances in solo and team form.
- Upper Primary 9-12 yr. old jazz & hip hop- a class that will teach jazz & hip-hop dance movements combined into one. Level will begin at beginner but will move to intermediate level during 2nd semester.
6:45-7:30 - 45-minute class
- Primary level 6-8 yr. old jazz & hip hop- In this class they will learn Jazz Hands, Kicks, Leaps, Sideways Shuffling, basic hip hop movement and dance terminology.
- Upper Primary 9-12 yr. old ballet - Students at this level are given extended barre exercises with increasing demi pointe work, stretching and strengthening. Classical ballet lines should be established along with a new vocabulary for traveling steps, elevation and pirouettes. The lyrical use of arms and upper back builds on the free movement established in the previous level. Students at this level will learn to have a strong understanding of classical vocabulary and can now adequately demonstrate use of line and musical performance
- Mondays 5 PM - 6 PM - Theatre/Drama Class 6th - 8th grade - learning intro techniques for theatre and stage performance as well as script reading, group performances as well as character and imagery situations.
- Mondays 6 PM - 7:15 PM - Theatre/Drama Class 9th - 12th grade
- Leaps & Turns – is an intermediate/advanced technique class on increasing flexibility and ability in various leaps and turns in ballet, contemporary and jazz.
- Intermediate level 14 yr. old & up contemporary – A thorough and focused class for the curious tapping into the body’s innate stability and movement patterns in this style. The container if Contemporary dance is broad and constantly evolving. Deepen your ability to commit to the ever-changing moment. Technique and focusing on attention to detail of this style will be covered.
- 10-13 yr old & contemporary - In this eclectic class, technique is used to access an articulate yet spontaneous sense of movement. Dancers are invited to find freedom and enjoyment within the framework of contemporary and modern techniques. Be in a supportive, easy-going atmosphere where people feel safe to start where they are, take risks, and wonder what really is possible. Class will include a steady warm-up, stretching + strengthening, improvisation and center and across the floor phrase work.
7:45 - 9:15
- Adult ministry class - Not an open class to community. Gate Church members only. For more information on this class please call us at our offices.