The Benevolence Ministry of The Gate Church is charged with being good stewards of God’s money and his people. This form helps us better understand your situation and better assess our resources for any possible assistance. Completing this application does not guarantee that monetary assistance will be provided. Our decisions are made in accordance with the mandates of Scripture and the leading of the Holy Spirit. We are concerned about your spiritual needs as well as your physical needs.
ALL QUESTIONS ON THE APPLICATION FORM MUST BE COMPLETED.
- The primary objective of the benevolence ministry of The Gate is to assist those in emergency need of assistance.
- No benevolence is ever administered to relieve the consequence of sin.
- All benevolence is given to assist the recipient to help himself/herself work through the problem, not to bail them out of the situation with no effort on their part.
- All benevolence checks will be made payable to the debtor in cases of bills (i.e. landlord, electric co.) and only in rare circumstances to the recipient of the financial aid. We do not give cash.
- Requests for benevolence require review by the benevolence team of The Gate, which NORMALLY TAKES UP TO FOURTEEN (14) DAYS. All applications must have a signed authorization for release of information before processing can begin. WE WILL CONTACT THE APPLICANT WHEN THE TEAM HAS REACHED A DECISION.
- The Gate will assist people in need only in obedience to the Lord’s will and cannot be dictated by the urgency of circumstances.
- Every case is CONFIDENTIAL. Violating confidentiality may result in disqualification of any request submitted, either currently being considered or in the future.
- Proof of income is required. A check stub with employer contact information is appropriate.
- Current copies of bills must accompany the request. We will NOT process any requests without copies.
- ALL QUESTIONS on the application form MUST BE COMPLETED, or the form will be returned to applicant for completion before we will process the request.
Authorization for Release of Information (Fill Out the Form Only if you Agree to the Following Terms)
1. The undersigned applicant for assistance from The Gate Church in Oklahoma City, OK (hereinafter referred to as “the Church” or any person or employee working with “the Church”) do authorize release or receipt of any and all information without restriction or qualifications, from the record(s) of the applicant(s).
2. The undersigned further authorizes any agency, group or entity to release any and all information without restriction or qualification from the file(s) or record(s) of the undersigned to “the Church” for the purpose of consideration of my request to “the Church” for assistance.
3. The undersigned understands, agrees and authorizes that any and all such information received or released will be reviewed by the Benevolence Ministry of The Gate for purposes of consideration of my request.