Dates for Water Baptism
Sunday, October 31, 2021
If you have never been baptized or have recently committed your life to Christ, baptism is the next step. If you would like to take part and/or inquire about the next water baptism date, fill out the form to the right. If you have any additional questions or need additional information, please call the church office at (405) 728-7700.
Water baptism is a significant milestone in the life of every Christian. At The Gate Church, we believe that water baptism is a biblical teaching and sacred practice for true followers of Christ. Baptism is an important step of obedience in a believer’s life as an outward acknowledgment of the salvation experience that has already taken place. And it represents the death of our old self, and mirrors the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 6:4 (NIV) says:
We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
In keeping with the spirit of excellence in ministry, the following guidelines should ensure a smooth Baptism Service.
- A completed Baptism Information Form must be submitted. The information will be used to complete your Baptism Certificate.
- On the day of the baptism service, participants should arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of service. A pastoral staff member will meet you in The Gate Cafe (If there is a conflict with this time due to a work schedule or other commitments please call the front church office at (405) 728-7700.)
- Please be prepared to give a brief testimony of what God has done in your life.
- Items to bring in preparation for baptism should include:
- Dark clothing (shorts/pants, T-shirt), women: a swimsuit can be worn underneath
- A set of change of clothes after your baptism is complete
- Additional items needed after baptism service: comb, brush, blow dryer, make up, etc.